Monday, January 13, 2014

Episode 29: Untitled

I'm Feeling::::::

My birthday really was a dream come true. A temple missionary invited us over to her house (she lives in the guest house that they have on the temple grounds for all the people who come on temple trips) She made us the most delicious Russian meal.Russian style borsh. Buckwheat and onions (sounds strange) probably my new favorite food. Poopyseed cake. Cabbage J and chicken. We got to know her and her husband. This is their second mission (the first in finland) They will return home soon. 


I had the privelage of spending my first birthday away from home on the other side of the world. In Ukraine--- where they celebrate orthodox Christmas. ON MY BIRTHDAY. A perfect opportunity for us to do our favorite finding activity. We have quite the nice little American-Russian-Hymn singing choir. We sing Russian with our real scrumptious American accents and the people (especially children) are drawn. They just come and listen. Then we have other elders and sisters who are not singing. Swooping in and talking to them. The people who have stopped and the people who are rushing by. Needless to say I always try to weasel my way out of doing contacting (I much prefer singing) but one sister leavitt had been out there the whole time… and no one else was volunteering. So I went. We were in a rush getting there and so we did not have enough pamphlets and proclaimations to the family that I could just pass those out and call it good. I had 3 of those and 1 Book of Mormon. So here I am standing in the middle of the Christmas bustle with just a Book of Mormon to strike a conversation. I was a little nervous. (somedays I feel I could talk all day in Russian and understand the whole world.)
 Within 20 minutes I had given away 5. In my little life and mission... THAT IS UNHEARD OF. I don't think I can do justice to the miracle of this event. The other missionaries just watched wide eyed as I returned several times to retrieve another book of mormon. then another. two more. another. another and until we were out of Book of Mormons! The people I spoke with wanted them. They are going to read them. They walked away knowing how special this book They weren't just given. They were placed. ONE AFTER ANOTHER. Heavenly Father is so aware. He knew my heart was here and offered me a chance to prove how much this means to me. I am the luckiest girl on this earth. 

It was one of the best days for so many reasons. everything went right. I felt the love and thoughts of everyone I love. My district threw me a party. My companion is the best and knows that birthdays are important. Seh said to me "I dont think there is a better birthday then the one you had" EVERYTHING went right. I recieved phone calls and gifts from people. Everyone remembered PACKAGES from home. I have the best friend, sister and mom in the world. It is all too good. TOO GOOD. I don't deserve it, but if you were wondering. I'm FEELING -------------22. 


I cannot believe I have been here for 5 months. I have been surving in the same ward. Same area the whole time. People are beginning to notice that I have been here for a long time. I suspect a change in the wind. (and the weather… it has been far to warm) I WANT TO GO TO ODESSA (that is near the black sea and I imagine is one of the greatest places on earth)    


 Little treasure:::::
Our Friday turned from 3 hours of study 3 hours of weekly planning. To wedding cake remont. Late thursday night we were given the assignment of recovering a disaster cake. for a wedding that would be the next day. We had just hours to make it happen.I wish I had pictures of how the whole affair began, but it was a disaster to say the least. this is a little of the progress and the end result. I am ready for the wedding business folks. I give all credit to my big sister who taught me what a crum coating was! dreams come true. the bride was so happy. White cake. not falling to pieces. missionary budget. limited supply. a mixing spoon for beaters. card board boxes and broken plastic knives for support. 5 store bought cakes stacked on top of each other. Frosting made in Ukraine with something they like to call powerdered sugar that isnt quite fit for the job! but it happens. 4 sister missionaries. lots of work and a lot of MIRACLES--




No comments:

Post a Comment