Monday, December 16, 2013

Episode 25: A new page in my little book of life.

I am literally living the dream. I am loving this mission.I love the people. I love my aching back. I love the snow. I love the temple that I see EVERYDAY. I love my new companion. I love chocolate. I love sweaters. I love that we almost fall down 55 times a day. (the roads are ice :)  but then don't! I am a survivor (I will let you all know when I slip so hard, it will be news),  ADVENTURE!!!!!!!! I love that someone gave me reeses. I love it when I get slammed in the trolly bus door, I love Christmas music in the store. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This week was the internation branch Christmas party. A little slice of america and some funeral potatoes. A manger reinactment and to top it all off some cute little american english teachers brought some Indie music delight into my life with a guitar and a soooooooooo indie "first noel" rendition with pattern leggings and baggy lumberjack button ups to perfect the moment. yummy. (I hope someone understands what this means)
Moving on::::
 Lets take a moment to the past with a little scripture that used to make me sick!
 3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not abear that any human bsoul should cperish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure dendless torment did cause them to quake and etremble.
Why would this make me sick??  I could never be this. I am not cut out for this.
Every time I read in the scriptures about these valient missionaries it really just made me mad. Because I wasn't that missionary and I saw no path for me to become that missionary. I didn't tremble or quake at the thought of that Ukranian who was just so rude to me not having eternal life. I was bereffed because I am cold and working so hard to share with them a message of hope that they should be GRATEFUL for.
Whoops!  time for a change. Repentence, it is a beautiful thing.
Here is a snippet from my letter to my president.
"My soul aches for their salvation. A month ago I didn't think that was possible. I was trembling because I was afraid of them. I have prayed continually for the courage, strength, for the desire to share this message, for a deep love for these Ukranian strangers. 
 It came quickly!!! Heavenly Father answers my prayers. He is so ever aware of his missionaries, I am astounted.
I am so happy. The happiest missionary. I am grateful for a little minute on the lords errand. My eyes have been opened to just a smidgen of the God and his mighty mysteries. How in control he really is. That this mission is more a blessing to me than any soul I might come in contact with. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father to have this opportunity to grow and to draw closer to him and my Savior Jesus Christ. I have a burning testimony of Jesus Christ and all that he has done for me. I am so filled with warmth as Christmas apporoaches. I am so excited for additional opportunities to serve others and to share the message of hope and joy. I love Christmas not because I got a surprise package! not because I have a cute little Christmas tree that my perfect sister sent to me. not because I know how to make the best hot chocolate on this planet and I even have some candy canes too,
but because the streets are filled with warmth, despite the declining tempatures. Hearts are turned to the savior and you can see it in the peoples eyes.  "
I have a desire for these people to have what I have. I have been brave, I have opened my mouth and the lord has planted miracles.
Perfect english speaking investigators
suprise former investigators showing up at church
the courage to talk to people that just scare me
HASTE like a real missionary should have. Like we ALL should have.
The list goes on and on. Ask and you shall recieve! IT IS REAL. He is real. The gospel is so true I could die.
Heavenly Father is so aware of our desires, but the tricky part is figuring our for yourself what you really want and than ASKING. It is work. it is sacrefice but the reward is far greater than any measly effort my little human self can muster.
Heavenly Father loves us. so simple. so plain. but truth.
I just found a little scripture treasure.
Alma 34
27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your ahearts be bfull, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your cwelfare, and also for the welfare of dthose who are around you.
28 And now behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you, do not suppose that this is all; for after ye have done all these things, if ye aturn away the bneedy, and the cnaked, and visit not the sick and afflicted, and dimpart of your substance, if ye have, to those who stand in need—I say unto you, if ye do not any of these things, behold, your eprayer is fvain, and availeth you nothing, and ye are as ghypocrites who do deny the faith.
29 Therefore, if ye do not remember to be acharitable, ye are as dross, which the refiners do cast out, (it being of no worth) and is trodden under foot of men.
-----------------------------
 hahahaha. That is pretty real. I hope that this Christmas season that you might keep your eyes peeled for someone to help, to lift, to love.
Cause if not, your in trouble :)  ---- and you will me much more happy if you do! I AM HAPPPPPY
I love you all so much.
Sister Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment