Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Episode 8: UKRAINE here I come.

It is now time for me to pack 2 months worth of clutter mess into a consolidated 50 pounds. good luck to me. WOW. What a week. I have grown so much. WE HAD AN APOSTLE speak to us. It was one of the most special experiences of my life. I am feeling rushed (today is a busy busy day! We get to go to the temple and have to pack!!!!!!! PACK!! PACK !! AHHH)  I tend not to express myself so well when feeling rushed, so I hope that I am able to do so. 

I LEAVE MONDAY!!! 4:30 am!!!!!! WE got our flightplans (a very special moment in  the MTC world) and are out of here! I am so very very very excited and of course terrified. I thought critical vocabulary slips would be rare but I am now more certain things are about to get REAL interesting :) hahaha. Pray for me. 

WHOOPS
This week I used some of my prelearned knowledge---- THANK YOU PIMSLER---- to tell my teacher that I would REALLY like something to drink--- in other words I would like to get DRUNK> hahaha. good think I tried that one out here! hahahaha. 
I have loved the MTC. It is a little incubator of holy glory. It has been so enriching, so structured, so fun, time has flown, I have learned so much. 

3 hour classroom blocks. 3 times daily buffets. I have eaten more cookies here than I have in my entire life. I am certain I have eaten 3 jars of peanut butter by myself. I wake up at 5 am to study Russian. I have the best companion in the world. My district is super close, they all think I am the funniest human in  the world because I have no filter on my mouth. I continue to mess up every Russian concept game that we play. (such as games where you clap your hands (me out of rythmn) and try to repeat what you just learned. I tell you EVERY game that we play. This has been a special part of my experience and humbling. 

Russian is coming! It is a beautiful and complex language. 

This week has been on of a lot of growth, I am not really sure where to begin. 

I have been lifted by those around me so much! I have been so blessed with glorious, intuitive, thoughtful souls. 
I am so grateful for all of the people who are able to help me see my potential. I KNOW that the lord has great plans for me. -----My teacher in efforts to help me learn MY Russian, expressed to me 'a particularly special need for me to learn words that I WOULD use, words that are ME'  and  we had a discussion and he shared with me a strength that I know I have and is  a HUGE reason why I am here! He told me I have an ability to be transparent- that what people see is what they get-- all in the nature of being genuine. That I have a very 'intimate' personality that allows all who come in contact to truly know me.- This is where the necessity to learn words that are unique to me comes in play, so that as I go forth I can be myself and continues to be who I am now. So that I can share my strength despite the barrier--- I hope this is making some sense---- it was just such a reminder of why I am here. I may not speak Russian but I know that I will! I can make a difference because I know how to love people and this is a gift I am so grateful for. I know how to speak the language of love that through this I will be able to do what I came here to do, to heal hearts. To share light. To stay true to the covenants that I made on the day I was baptized (age nine in a freezing river) That choice is something that should influence the rest of my life!! What a big decision. 

 I WILL go forth and comfort those that stand in need of comfort to mourn with those that mourn. To give all I have in efforts to be more like my savior. I think I had forgotten what I have promised. I have been studying covenants. I have been studying Christ and I absolutely know why I am here. 

OUR FINAL devotional----- and WOW. 

I dont really know how to share about the experience with Richard G Scott. All I can say is, .... it was incredible, one of the most powerful and spiritual experiences I have ever had. That man knows god and it is evidence just from his presence. I was overcome with love the second he opened his mouth and said "I love missionaries" The spirit in the room was tangible and if I were to go into more detail about it, I feel like I would just degrade the power of the moment. All I know is, I am where I am suppose to be and that our heavenly father TRULY loves each and every one of us. He knows us. It is so illusive and so difficult to comprehend logically. but I felt it. I FELT IT. That is all I can do to express what it was like, pitiful, but truth. 

Well I have MINOGA (lots) of sweaters to pack!!! and if I dont find a way to fit my coat in my suitcase I will be wearing it :) so I have got to run! I love you all. VERY much. I think about you often. 

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE--- of the world! Pray for me! I am a scaredy baby! :) hehehe. 


PS. I want Lindsay to know I have tried to get her address. I am SOOOO grateful for the peaches that you sent me forever ago! I want to write you back so maybe email me or something. I hope all is well.

I love all of you so much!  

I AM GOING TO UKRAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;aksldfj;lkasjdfkjsa;dlkfj;alksdfj;lksajdflkj
sadf
sa
df

sadf
d
gfhjfd
gj



I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment